Saturday, June 5, 2010

5/6/10


5/6/10

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Double IPA- Quick Mart- Rego Park, Queens- 1 12 oz. bottle poured into pub glass. 1/2 inch head; nice lacing after a few sips. Orange/amber color. Nice carbonation, fruity aroma. Good taste, with a strong hoppy character. Very drinkable, smooth for me. Generally I am not a huge Sierra Nevada fan, and didn't have very high expectations for this beer. Last weekend I tried Sierra Nevads's Summefest and was unimpressed. I love a good summer ale, and theirs was average to good. This beer, though, is excellent!
Nice LP on the turntable, Country Soul- Joe Tex, Atlantic Records! Just picked this up and I have to say its fantastic!! Soul singer doing country covers recorded in 1968 at American and Columbia Studios in Nashville, doesn't get much better than this for me! Songs include The Dark End Of The Street, By the Time I Get To Phoenix, Ode to Billie Joe, etc.! Damn, this is good. Nice arrangements of country songs with Muscle Shoals and Stax style'd arrangements. A little light on gritty guitars, but the organ makes up for that. This is my first Joe Tex LP but I will be keeping my eye out for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment