Saturday, June 5, 2010



5/29/10

Magic Hat Blind Faith IPA- Community Beverage, Queens, NY- 12 OZ. bottle into a Pub Glass- Little to no head, disappeared almost instantly. Little to no lacing. Avg. carbonation. Some fruity aroma but not very strong. Hazy, amber in color. 5.9% ABV. A little disappointed with this beer, I guess I expected something a little more complex. Pretty bitter, but nothing really balances out the bitterness in my opinion. Still drinkable, but I don't think I would search this one out again.

I bought this beer at a store, Community Beverage, in Queens, NY I just discovered via beeradvocate.com. It's nice to know a beer store like this is in Queens! A little out of the way but not to far from where we live. I was really impressed with the beer selection: bottles, bombers and growlers. Micro and Macro brews. Warm and cold, which is a plus, since I like buy a couple of bottles warm and keep them stashed away in the pantry closet. My only issue is there doesn't seem to be any prices on the beer, unless i'm missing something. I will probably do most of my bottle shopping at Community Beverage from here on out.

As for listening today I put on a new LP i picked up St. Dominic's Preview- Van Morrison. I have been dipping my ear into his catalogue lately. I always liked Moondance, and have it on LP and CD. I also have Astral Weeks and His Band the Street Choir which I never truly absorbed until recently. So now I picked up St. Dominic's Preview and Tupelo Honey, which were both a bit battered but the price was right. So far this album is really good, especially the song St. Dominic's Preview, with some nice pedal steel guitar mixed in with gospel style organ. Sort of a country/soul thing going on, much like the Joe Tex LP I mentioned in a previous post, I really like this! This song alone is worth the price of the LP! I really like the cover to, a simple shot of the Irish Troubadour with his axe.

No comments:

Post a Comment